I always find that in the summer, I spend time wishing it away. The heat just melts me, and all I can do to stay sane some days is to think of snow.
Big piles, drifts of snow. Snowmen and wool mittens that stick together.
I imagine fields of crisp snow, trees drooping, that cold grey sky. The glistening and crystals that are everywhere.
I spent awhile this morning, plastered by the heat to my chair, fans whiring, dreaming of sucking icicles....making snow angels with the girls.
Then Butterbean came up and asked me to fill the pool, set up the sprinkler and break out the popsicles.
I started thinking about how all winter I dream of summer. Of the heat that radiates off the pavement, laying in hot grass feeling the sun radiate down. Sprays of water hitting hot skin. popsicles dripping off my chin, hopscotch. Naked babies splashing in the pool.
We are going outside.
To live in the moment, and enjoy summer while it is here. I am even going to wear my ill-fitting bikini and a sarong. Screw my body image...its hot out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I make popsicles every day during the summer. I think I like the heat better than the cold, but in the midst of it, I'm not so sure.
Post a Comment